5.31.2011

11_0531 | lagunitas...



I recently spent the day at Lagunitas Brewing Co. in Petaluma, CA with some friends.  Great brews there.  I suggest Wilco Tango Foxtrot and Lil' Sumpin'.  If you have the chance to go to the brewery, do it.  The grounds are beautifully landscape, the food is good, the beer is amazing and it's always a fun time.  P.S. they're dog friendly.


A little about the video:


I shot it on my Canon T2i with an EF 50mm f1.8 lens while at the brewery with friends.  I used Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 for editing and Magic Bullets Mojo for color correction.  It's shot in HD at  720p at 50 fps.  To conserve space, I uploaded a 480p version at 24 fps.  The song is "Neighborhood #2 (Laika)" by The Arcade Fire.  


Color correction can be complicated to get the right effect, but Magic Bullet makes it much easier. The payoff, however, can be huge.  Below is an example of the raw footage v. corrected footage.  



Raw footage on the left is muddier, with a heavy gray tone.  The color corrected footage on the left is clearer with whiter whites and a warmer tone.  The contrast is also bumped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment