4.21.2010

10_0421 | dinner party deux...

So last week I had some friends over for yet another dinner party.  The food was interesting and delicious and the company as great as ever.  Special thanks to April and Claire for braving uncharted territory and clearing their plates!  I started with some very easy appetizers: sliced pears with creme fraiche and candied pecans.  


Bartlett pear slices with creme fraiche and candied pecans

Next we moved on to the salad course where I served [again] my cucumber pepper salad.  I just can't get enough of that salad.  What's not to like?!  It's got cucumber, bacon, and bell peppers. Bacon, dear readers.  Bacon.

Cucumber pepper salad

For the soup course I actually did something unprecedented and used someone else's recipe!  [I know, how dare I].  I have always wanted to make a French onion soup and found a recipe here: The Best French Onion Soup Ever! that I thought sounded exceptional and it did not disappoint.  Unfortunately, I was so excited about the soup I forgot to take any pictures.  E-pic fail!  [Punny, I know].  

The main course was a 'Moroccan' chicken recipe I concocted.  I say Moroccan because it really has little to do with Morocco, but the flavors might be indicative of that region of the world.  I served it on a bed of Israeli couscous [decidedly not Moroccan] that I had cooked in coffee.

Moroccan chicken and coffee-cooked Israeli couscous.


Lastly, we finished with the vanilla bean ice cream in the chocolate cups from my previous post [10_0414 | chocolate grenades...]  I made a strawberry port sauce that was super tasty.  Just place a pound of sliced strawberries in a pot with a cup and a half of port and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat and let it simmer until reduced by half.  Blend the remaining mixture then reduce again by half or until the desired thickness.  Strain through a fine mesh sieve to get all the seeds out and viola! you've got a very tasty sauce.

All the recipes are available on my recipes page.  If you'd like your own special dinner for you and yours, check out the hire me page and see how to do that.  I cook, I clean, I make your house smell amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I like that recipe because it's quick, easy, delicious and tastes so fresh. Not to mention super healthy!

    ReplyDelete